2004/11/17

Back with the goods!

Just back from KL and I have a ton of new (and a few old) games. I may not be able to review all of them (or even play them for a while), so I thought I'd just list here what I got with a short description or preview.

Rumble Roses
- See my previous post below. I thought this game was coming out next year, but I guess that's the Japanese version.

Godzilla: Save The Earth
- I've always been a fan of the big lizard, and this game looks to be very promising as you get to stomp around the city destroying buildings as you do battle with other monsters. The Godzilla's supposed retirement next year, I hope this game does the big guy's legacy justice.

Biohazard Outbreak: File 2
- Japanese version of the much anticipated sequel. Can't wait to see the improvements and new levels added to the game, especially the much hyped zoo level where you have to avoid a giant zombie elephant!

The Getaway: Black Monday
- The original was considered the best GTA clone by many when it came out, but was marred by limited freedom to move around authentic English streets and a few control issues. I never played the first one, but here's hoping this game is better than GTA: San Andreas, which I thought was a bit dissapointing.

Katamari Damacy
- The bizzare game I saw my buddy TenzanTeam2K's friends playing. Weird and funny at the same time, you roll up anything in your path to create a huge ball to be turned into a star in space. Yup, told ya it was weird.

Tetsujin 28
- My brother and were huge fans of the anime when we were kids. Tetsujin 28 was this huge blue robot that looked like a knight controlled by this kid, and Tetsujin was literally indestructable! This game is based on the original 70's series where Tetsujin looked more like a huge water tank than a valiant blue knight, and the game involves stomping around the city doing battle with enemy robots. Kinda like the Godzilla game I guess.

Berzerk
- Japanese game also based on a popular manga and anime, which was very violent and graphic. I played the original Dreamcast game a few years back and really liked it. It's kinda like Devil May Cry in a sense, 'cept your a knight with a HUGE broad sword hacking away at the evil undead.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
- I remember playing the original and part 2 on the PSX years back. Ok, so the main reason I bought this was because they were using Puddle of Mudd's "Blurry" as the intro theme. Sue me.

Crisis Zone
- Bought this together with a light gun to play it with. I loved this game in the arcade, and hopefully this port is as good as the original.

Over the next few days I hope to get a few reviews up of games I've bought in the past few weeks, so check back for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home