2007/02/23

.hack//G.U. Vol.1 Rebirth

For an RPG, this game is really short!
After playing and finishing it with a total game time of about 20+hrs, I was seriously expecting more since I think the cut scenes took up more time than the repeatitive gameplay bits.
I also find myself in the same mindframe as the main character Haseo. Good God people, IT'S JUST A GAME! Are there really MMORPG players out there that act like the characters in this game? Who CRY and make such a big deal about it when they get beat up and bullied by other online players? Who play the game just to walk around, look at the nice scenary and just to chat and make friends and not focus on actually PLAYING the game?!? Like I said in my first impression, I really wish that I could PK the other characters in the game cause some of them are just so damned annoying.
About the game itself, the graphics are nicely done, though at times it doesn't seem like it can make up it's mind of being cell shaded or not. The BGM is mostly good, and so is the voice acting to a degree.
I really wished they would have varried up the attacks your character has and not just have it based on the weapon he's equipped with and it would have been nice if the special attacks looked more "special". The World itself seems to be divided into 3 areas: an open plane, a cave and a temple. The only difference being the enemies and the times of day and weather of the area when you enter. It's the same thing over and over.
The main story being rather short, the game encourages you to just keep playing once you beat the game so you can level up your character and carry over your levels, abilities and items over to the next game when it comes out. If the next game is as easy and short as this one, I probably won't have to bother with the whole leveling up bit and just continue it there.

Game Ratings:
Graphics - 8
Sound - 7
Gameplay - 7
Lifespan - 6
Overall - 7

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home