2007/05/10

Final Fantasy XII

So I finally finished this massive adventure after about 2 months of playing, and I must say the story is what kept me going, which is a good thing since if the story sucked I would have given up on it a long time ago. And most of us play epic games like this to watch how the story unfolds, am I correct?
The graphics are easily some of the best I've ever seen on the PS2, and the music and most of the voice work are good.
The gameplay takes a bit of getting used to, but is actually rather simple to understand. Everybody in your party can use any weapon in the game, and it's up to you to set up the characters the way you want them to be. Sometimes it evens pays to have a few extra long range weapons handy as some areas have a lot of annoying flying enemies to deal with.
The gambit system is a rather interesting idea that's suppose to help you out by giving automatic commands to your CPU controlled party members instead of having to constantly open a menu to manually give a command. I still found myself going to the menu more though.
Overall, the only dissapointment I had with this game was that there weren't any bonuses or extras given for beating the game, though you could definitely want to play through the game again just to find all the hidden gems and such in this epid adventure.

Game Ratings:
Graphics - 10
Sound - 8
Gameplay - 8
Lifespan - 8
Overall - 8

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home